Forum

HomeHomeCoreCoreRants and RavesRants and RavesOpen Source at it Worst?Open Source at it Worst?
Previous

Next
New Post
11/26/2008 9:13 PM

The new content (wiki) module has been switched over. A few new interfaces will be added to help locate content. Additionally - we are working on a PDF action for OWS which will be used to generate a PDF version of the wiki on the fly in the future. Additionally - 15 videos are still in production to ease the pain of the developers. The first 3 are now available from within the Wiki.

Kevin M Schreiner
Open Web Studio
PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
New Post
12/6/2008 8:17 AM

Congatulatons: The WIKI is finally useful and the Videos are a great help.
One question: when my desktop is otherwise occupied, I have made a point of logging in and making edits to the WIKI documentation -  not changing the essence, but correcting spelling, poor phrasing, inappropriate capitalization inaccurate terminolog and syntax errors (Yes: English has syntax rules, too!!) . I made a ton of corrections to the previous version, but I do not see those pages included on the current version.   Maybe I just have not found those pages in he new setup 

My goal has been to make the documentation less frustrating for others to wade through than the ListX docs were for me, as well as not face the same frustrations when I revisit a section of the docs.  I have begun the same process for some of the new WIKI pages, but my edits don't seem to "take".  How exactly does this work?

New Post
10/27/2009 8:24 PM

Welcome to the bleeding edge. I can commiserate. I've resorted to using the source code as documentation--it doesn't get more current than that. And I've realized that searching the site with Google is better alternative than wiki index or site search. I'm not complaining, though--tool is great. I just hope community grows.
New Post
6/14/2010 2:27 PM

How are you modifying entries? I am getting to the WIKI with the following URL:

http://www.openwebstudio.com/Community/Wiki.aspx

This is a table of contents and all entries are links back to other openwebstudio.com pages that are not editable.

And many of the artiicles on the pages are cut off in midsentence.

New Post
6/14/2010 7:00 PM

The WIKI is very poorly organized and the whole site is poorly styled. You have to keep drilling down - Links are not obvious - a sentence that you see as being cut off is the article "summary" that is automatically created from the article - basically the first XX (not sure of the number) of characters. Click on the Headline and you will see the article. In the upper left of the module I see links for "back, add, edit, history" they are not styled so that they look like links, just look like plain text.

Example: Click on "Wik"i at the top of this module, (The line that starts with Community/Forums), then click on one of the items that show up on the linked list (i.e. under Syntax, I clicked on "Tokens" - clicking on "Syntax" yields exactly the same thing - Then click on "Acton:File Example" to see the article which I just editied, ( replaced the word "sample" with "example" and re-worded a couple of sentences.) For me, each click is opening a new tab in my browser. In the upper left, above the headlilne "Action:File Example" is are the links for editing.

Have Fun!
Previous

Next
HomeHomeCoreCoreRants and RavesRants and RavesOpen Source at it Worst?Open Source at it Worst?

New York, NY • Baltimore, MD • Vienna, VA • St. Louis, MO • Seattle, WA • info@openwebstudio.com

Bookmark & Share Bookmark and Share